PROJECT MANAGER - PLANNING, Berkeley or Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full-Time, Salaried Position | Location: Berkeley or Los Angeles, CA | Experience Level: 8-12 years | Open until filled
Raimi + Associates is a mission-driven planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley and Los Angeles, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places. We bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy, and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines —land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement —into planning and applied research efforts. Our work environment is fast-paced, casual, and fun.
We are seeking a project manager to join our growing practice in either Berkeley or Los Angeles. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who is comfortable taking on responsibility, is organized, and has the skills and experience to be focused and effective within the fast-paced demands of a consulting firm. The candidate will work on and oversee portions of awide variety of projects currently underway at R+A, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, and other planning documents, and help grow our comprehensive planning practice. The position involved a range of responsibilities, including project management and leading physical planning, policy writing, and community engagement. Experience preparing housing elements is a plus. The ideal candidate will manage day-to-day project activities, including client communication, deliverable schedules, work products, and oversee and direct the work of other staff members and subconsultants. The candidate will significantly contribute to a variety of planning efforts, including writing, research, and policy development; developing and leading with public engagement activities, including workshops, focus groups, and advisory committees; and business development, including writing proposals and advanced marketing.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in planning, urban design, or closely related field
• Minimum of 8-12 years of relevant work experience in the planning field. A significant proportion of the experience must be work completed in California
• Experience working on a variety of planning projects including General Plans, Specific Plans, housing elements, zoning codes, etc.
• Experience managing all aspects of planning projects, including budgets, schedules, and client communications
• Proven ability to lead a team of staff members and/or subconsultants
• Experience shaping and implementing public engagement programs in diverse communities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven collaborator and effective communicator
• Able to navigate complex environments with multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data analysis, mapping, and design
• Fluency in spoken and/or written Spanish is desired
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible to email@example.com. Please reference “Project Manager-Planning” in the email. The position will remain open until filled. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
For more information about us: www.raimiassociates.com